Mirkat

Mirkat Always Reading

I'm always reading something, usually multiple books at a time.

The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults
Frances E. Jensen, Amy Ellis Nutt, Tavia Gilbert
Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain (Audio)
David Eagleman

Lisbeth and Mikael are Back

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A Lisbeth Salander novel, continuing Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series - David Lagercrantz

I started to listen to this in audio form, but my mp3 player developed an annoying glitch where it suddenly stops and restarts, jumping back to wherever I was at the start of that listening session.  It was torture.  So I switched to the Kindle version, which I'd also been able to get from my library.

David Lagercrantz does manage to make this feel like a Millennium novel, and it was fun to catch up on the characters.  The mystery/conspiracy are suitably complicated and far-reaching, and there are more details revealed from Lisbeth's past.  One loose end that hints at more sequels feels as though it was purposely left that way because there are to be more sequels.  (There was a moment in which Lisbeth could have resolved that particular thread, and while her not doing so is plausible within the context of the story, I couldn't help thinking "It's because of sequels!)

When the sequels drop, I will certainly read them.  I am  hoping for more Lisbeth/Mikael interaction in subsequent books.