Mirkat

Mirkat Always Reading

I'm always reading something, usually multiple books at a time.

The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults
Frances E. Jensen, Amy Ellis Nutt, Tavia Gilbert
Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain (Audio)
David Eagleman

I Crawl Through It

I Crawl Through It - A.S. King, A. S. King

Like the character in this book who calls herself Stanzi (her real name is never revealed), I am feeling a bit like a tetragametic chimera ("Somewhere in there you used to be fraternal twins.  And you blended.  Two into one.")  Stanzi often refers to having two conflicting halves that want to do opposing things.

Half of me wants to give this book two stars, and half of me wants to give it four.  So I am averaging the score to three.  Half of me, despite loving weird, feels this book is too weird.   The other loves how weird it is.  Half of me feels guilty that after requesting the ARC of this book from Netgalley--in 2015--and being accepted, I didn't get to it until now, long after it's been released in multiple forms, including audio (supplemented by the Kindle ARC I have).  Part of me is glad I listened/read AFTER I listened to/read Still Life With Tornado, which is also weird, but in a different way.  I may have needed to read that one first.

If you already love A.S. King and are in the mood for some very weird weird, you could enjoy this book.  But be in the right mood.