Mirkat

Mirkat Always Reading

I'm always reading something, usually multiple books at a time.

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
Rachel Hollis
The Extinction Agenda (The Extinction Agenda #1)
Michael Laurence
Something Like Gravity
Amber Smith

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me (Audio) - Chelsea Handler, Johnny Kansas, Stephanie Stehling, Heather McDonald

This book will have the most appeal for those who enjoy pranks. Those who tend to find them mean-spirited will do a lot of cringing, but this is mitigated by the fact that those telling the stories in this book--Chelsea Handler's friends, employees, and family members--all include disclaimers about Handler's love and loyalty for them. She apparently doesn't mess with you unless she is very fond of you.

The last two chapters felt like filler added on the reach a certain page count. Penultimate chapter was a collection of "standards and practices" e-mail messages from Comcast identifying words to bleep and jokes to remove from episodes of Chelsea Lately. Final chapter was written from the point of view of Handler's dog. The sweet sentiment that it ends with becomes a little self-serving if we imagine that Handler ghost-wrote the chapter. (Not that I'm suggesting the dog might have written it; I just don't know which human was assigned the job.)